Friday, February 19, 2021

To my Parents

Dear Apa and Ama,

I realized I have not thanked you enough for everything you did for the sake of my happiness and securing my future. I have not thanked you enough for making me a strong and independent lady that I am today.

Often, we forget that our parents are aging with time and so is their emotions. We forget their sacrifices and hardships and how they had to put up with our childish tantrums. Maybe I was too young back then to understand and maybe I am too old now to realize this, but I just want to say ‘Thank you’ for everything.

Kids grow up and settle down. They are too busy raising their own, building their own family, and amidst all these, they forget about their aging parents. Come to think of it, how could they? Now that we are capable, it is time for us to be at their service, fulfill their needs and understand that they need us more now than anything, of course they would not express it aloud but we need to understand. It is our moral responsibility.

Apa and Ama, if I give you something out of love, do not feel guilty or bad, I am no stranger. It is my way of expressing my love to you. It is my responsibility to take care of you and fulfill your needs. You gave me good education, guided me through my rough times and gave me everything I asked for, I shall forever be indebted to you. Nothing in the world will be enough to repay your love and kindness. I cannot run away from my responsibility in the name of living a separate life or raising my own family. For me you will always be a priority just as I was yours.

Sometimes I may not be in my right mind; I may make mistakes, but please forgive me. No matter how lost I may be, I will eventually find my way back to you. I know, you know this, so please keep the same faith in me, I will make you proud of me one day.

 

With love


Your Daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feelings penned down

So I pen this down, The emotions that's been pricking my heart, The feelings that's been haunting me through the night, The silence ...